The Community Baptist Mission is formed under the leadership of Rev. Robert Harris. The mission initially met at the home of Mrs. Rosa Sample. Eventually the mission began meeting at 191 First Street, Englewood, NJ.
Rev. Joseph M.Wilson (First Lady Maggie Wilson) is the third pastor. Two lots were acquired to build a new church facility.
CBC is incorporated and in 1949 a cornerstone laid for a new church building.
Members marched into the new facility at 224 First Street, Englewood, NJ. In 1965, a second story was added to the building.
Rev. Clarence Kenner became the fourth pastor of CBC. Under his leadership, new auxiliaries were formed and numerous improvements made to the facility.
Rev. Dr. Lester W. Taylor, Jr. became the fifth pastor of the church. CBC embarked upon several capital stewardship programs to build a new facility.
In June 2008, ground is broken for the new church. On September 24th, demolition began on the old church. In October 2009, construction began for the new edifice.
A sacred service of dedication was held to honor the Lord for our new church facility.